- School Website
How to Volunteer
The HCHS PTA invites all parents to support the school with your skills, talents and contacts. Please consider volunteering in the ways outlined below. You may sign up by emailing email@example.com; further information will be provided about these and other ways to get involved.
- Sign up to be a Class or Grade Rep. You'll get to know other parents in your grade, and you'll have a direct impact on the HCHS experience of your child and theirs. Grade 9-12 Reps are selected in the spring; Class Reps in grades 7 and 8 are selected just before the start of school in the fall.
- Run for a position on the PTA Board. You'll have a vote on important PTA decisions, such as how PTA funding is designated to support school projects and needs.
- Join or Run a Committee. You can volunteer by contacting the Committee Chair and/or by filling out your Volunteer Profile through Option #4 in the Online Directory.
Current Open Positions that we have an urgent need to fill include:
- Healthy Hunter Chair: In conjunction with a representative from Hunter College Elementary School, explore ways to improve student life pertaining to wellness and environmentalism, e.g., cafeteria food, trays, recycling, how to be a "greener" school. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Auction Co-Chair-- if interested, please email email@example.com.
- Community Service volunteer - works with the school's community service office to help develop a web-based presence for the HCHS Community Service program, and to assist in developing new service opportunities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you! Your help is invaluable.