- School Website
Family Wellness Workshops
Parents from all grades are invited to the Family Wellness Workshops led by HCHS Clinical Psychology and Substance Abuse Consultant Alison Ferst and the Health Education teachers, Emily Bowler and Michelle Rushforth. These sessions are designed to help parents support their children's physical, emotional and mental well-being as they encouragement high achievement. Ms. Ferst and the faculty will share research and anecdotes regarding adolescent health and social issues and facilitate a discussion among parents. Parents are encouraged to voice concerns, ask questions and share effective strategies with each other.
2013-14 Wellness Workshop Dates (click on links for details and notes on past events)
6:00-6:45 pm, before PTA Meetings; location and topics below. The January and March dates remain tentative; check back for more info.
Wednesday, November 13: Judging Well, While Being Well. Ferst will address how to help adolescents navigate potentially unsafe situations, including "venue parties."
- January 15
- March 26
PAST WELLNESS WORKSHOPS
2012-2013 Wellness Workshops
- Monday, September 24: Transitioning Well, While Doing Well
Tuesday, October 23: Eating Well, While Doing Well
- Wednesday, November 14: Sleeping Well and Staying Inspired
- Monday, December 3: Being Well and Doing Well...While Dating Well
Wednesday, January 9: Social Media and Social Wellbeing
2011-2012 Wellness Workshops
- Wednesday, October 19: Sleeping Well While Doing Well
- Monday, November 14: Eating Well While Doing Well
- Wednesday, January 18: Transitioning Well While Doing Well
- Wednesday, February 29: Social Media and Social Well-being (including Cyberbullying)
- Wednesday, March 14 (note time: 6-7:30 pm): Being Well, While Doing Well, for 7th Grade Families